Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

It's Monday, and there's never anything to thrilling going on. I'm usually exhausted no matter how much I sleep the night before, but overall I absolutely HATE them. Everything drags, people seem especially annoying and I find it harder than usually to shape my lips into a smile, and yes, other people notice. I actually had someone tell me this morning in the elevator, "Smile, woman! I know it's Monday but that's no excuse for a frown." Little did she know that 9 a.m. on Monday mornings are perfectly good reasons to frown! Ok, not really. But that wasn't really why I was wearing a grimace. It was because I am starting to feel the consequences of my mother trading out my car for my brother's. He wastes all the gas picking up his girlfriend, and therefore further depleting our monthly money supply, he gets upset when I NEED to go somewhere and undermines my stick-shift driving skills (I learned 2 days ago so I guess he has reason, but have a little confidence in a sister!), and I am now trapped on campus until he gets out of class at 10 pm. Oh the joy. I've taken the liberty of using up the study room in the library to take naps, which at times feels like I'm dislocating my shoulder when I sleep on the two chairs I've put together (naps are a necessity to get through my day). I sometimes think I might have a very mild form of narcolepsy because if I don't sleep at least 8 hours, I collapse on the floor. It has happened before and my roommate could not stop laughing at me. I do admit, it had to have been funny from an outside perspective; not as much when one minute I'm walking to the bathroom, the next I'm wondering how I ended up the floor (that should only happen after a night of belligerent alcohol consumption). After my nap, I thought it would be a good idea to have a mocha latte.. The latte caused me to spiral into what I can only describe as a crack-head manic state, which I usually don't mind. It's not such a good idea when I have to do some public speaking for my service fraternity (as if I wasn't already socially awkward enough!). I would have diagnosed myself with social phobia if I didn't know that the caffeine had aggravated my fear of public speaking by causing heart palpitations and profuse sweating. The sweat might have been a good thing since I do want to lose a few pounds, but I could feel it seeping into my clothes. Gross, I know.
But now, I'm sitting in a study lounge at my school waiting for my brother to pick me up and feeling exhausted. I can't wait to get home so I can do my workout! Woohoo! I've been doing this 6-week Summer Fit program on a website that I found and it is absolutely genius! The website is www.bodyrock.tv and its like having a personal trainer for free! I'm hoping it'll work because my boyfriend has made me feel ashamed of my body and I can tell he's not attracted to me physically despite the things he says.. Also, I want to run a marathon (which I've gotten laughs for too). But I'll do it this time.. For all the nonbelievers.

For someone who never has much to say, I do have a lot to write. Until next time I need something to help me procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment